HGB’s Women’s Health Experience is an opportunity for mid-Michigan women to focus on their own wants and needs prior to the hustle and bustle of the holidays. The free annual event is from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m., Saturday, Nov. 19 at AL!VE in Charlotte, Mich.
“Interactive health information combined with a free lunch, retail opportunities, chair massages, wine tasting, prizes and decorating ideas make this a perfect way for women to spend a few hours focusing on their own needs prior to the kick-off of the holiday season,” said Jenny Wren, HGB director of women’s health services.
The Women’s Health Experience has traditionally focused on five dimensions of health and well-being: do, eat, think, breathe and support. There will be several informational booths and interactive activities, and a free boxed lunch will be provided by NOURISH by The Big Salad.
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan is this year’s event sponsor. Women’s Health Experience highlights include:
- One-on-one conversations with clinicians about several women’s health topics including breast health, 3-D mammography, pelvic floor and incontinence, skin care, hormones and more.
- Shopping at Playmakers Satellite Store with many discounted and sale items available; you can also get a free gait analysis and shoe fitting.
- Cooking demonstrations and free samples by Chef Troy Taylor.
- Fitness demonstrations including PiYo, Zumba, POUND and CrossFit.
- Health screenings including blood pressure and BMI.
- Wine tasting with the president of the Tasters Guild of Lansing.
- Several interactive booths and activities featuring health information, holiday baking and decorating, fitness and nutrition information, mosaic art and more.
- The opportunity to win prizes during hourly drawings that begin at 10:30 a.m. (must be present to win).
Vendors include CrossFit Fade, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan, The Purse Peddlers, #CharlotteRising, the General Federation of Women’s Clubs – Charlotte (GFWC), It’s a Breast Thing and more.
Free child care will be available in GROW for children ages two to 12 for those attending the Women’s Health Experience. Pre-registration is required at 517-541-5803.
More detailed information about the event can be found at hgbhealth.com or on Facebook at www.facebook.com/HayesGreenBeach.