The HGB Wellness Center once again celebrates National Family Health and Fitness Day with a free event and activities for the whole family Saturday, Sept. 29.
According to Family Health & Fitness Day USA, the annual observance was conceived, in part, as a response to the U.S. Surgeon General's Report on Physical Activity and Health. This landmark report made it clear that health benefits can be obtained from moderate physical activity on a regular basis.
In addition, the Surgeon General's Report stated that the majority of Americans, and especially children from 12 to 21, are not exercising enough.
HGB Wellness Center’s Family Health and Fitness Day will begin with “Opening Ceremonies” at 8:30 a.m. at AL!VE, 800 W. Lawrence Ave., in Charlotte, Mich. Fun-filled activities begin at 9 a.m., and continue until 3 p.m. Child care is available for children potty trained and older.
Summary of events and activities:
- Family games and activities, including an obstacle course and fire truck demonstrations
- Fitness demonstrations and samplers: Pilates, cardio dance, belly dancing, Tai Chi and Zumba.
- Cooking demonstrations: Mexican Fiesta, Healthy School Lunches, Snacks for Kids and Mediterranean Cooking
- Personal training demonstrations
- Nutrition, blood pressure and skin care assessments
- Plus more!
A detailed schedule can be found at www.hgbhealth.com. Plan to come dressed in comfortable clothes ready to participate in and try out fun, physical activities. The HGB Wellness Center and AL!VE offer several programs that promote family fitness and a healthier lifestyle. Find more information at www.hgbhealth.com and www.myalive.com or call 517-543-9575.
Find more details about National Family Health and Fitness Day at http://www.fitnessday.com/family/.