Hayes Green Beach Memorial Hospital’s Women’s Health Experience is an opportunity for local women to focus on their own wants and needs prior to the hustle and bustle of the holidays. The free annual event is from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m., Saturday, Nov. 18.
The interactive health experience is at AL!VE, HGB’s destination health park, and includes a wealth of information, free lunch, retail vendors, chair massages, wine tasting, prizes and decorating ideas. It has traditionally focused on five dimensions of health and well-being: do, eat, think, breathe and support. There will be several informational booths and interactive activities, and a free boxed lunch is provided by NOURISH by The Big Salad. Each participant receives a gift.
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan is once again this year’s event sponsor. Women’s Health Experience highlights include:
- One-on-one conversations with clinicians about several women’s health topics including breast health, heart health, pelvic floor and incontinence, skin care, eye health, osteopathic manipulative medicine and more.
- Shopping at Playmakers Satellite Store with many discounted and sale items available; you can also get a free gait analysis and shoe fitting.
- Cooking demonstrations by the YMCA.
- Fitness demonstrations including Core De Force, Zumba and Tabata Bootcamp.
- Health screenings including blood pressure and BMI.
- Wine tasting with the president of the Tasters Guild of Lansing.
- Several interactive booths and activities featuring health information, holiday baking and decorating, fitness and nutrition information, art and more.
- The opportunity to win prizes during hourly drawings that begin at 10:30 a.m. (must be present to win).
Vendors and participants at the 2018 event include: Windwalker Underground Gallery, CrossFit Fade, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan, Purse Peddlers, CharlotteRising, the General Federation of Women’s Clubs – Charlotte (GFWC), The Front Room and many more.
Free child care is available in GROW for children ages two to 12 for those attending the Women’s Health Experience. Pre-registration for child care is required at 517-541-5803.
More detailed information about the event can be found at hgbhealth.com or on Facebook at www.facebook.com/HayesGreenBeach. AL!VE is located at 800 W. Lawrence Ave., in Charlotte, Mich.