Hayes Green Beach Memorial Hospital and the General Federation of Women’s Clubs-Charlotte are hosting A Women’s Health Experience from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m., Sunday, Oct. 14. The free event takes place at AL!VE, 800 W. Lawrence Ave., in Charlotte.
A Women’s Health Experience focuses on five dimensions of health and well-being: do, eat, think, breathe and support. Free scheduled activities include:
- More than 15 educational and interactive booths open throughout the event
- Shared ideas and tips on managing day-to-day life
- Demonstrations, including healthy cooking, group exercise, integrated medicine and more
- Assessments including body composition, balance screening and skin analysis
- Exercise samplers, including strength training, tai chi, yoga, Pilates and cardio dance
Featured presentations include:
- “Trends in Women’s Health” by Karen Lake, RNC, WHNP, an MSU College of Nursing instructor
- A breast health panel featuring Dr. Carol Rapson and Chris Pearson, executive director of Susan G. Komen for the Cure – Mid-Michigan
- “Staying Sane with an Insane Schedule” by Katherine Gute, MSW
- “Five Tips for Resilience in Your Life” by Barbara Fulton, Ph.D., HGB director of community and organizational development
- "Family Budgeting for an Enriched Life” by Patrick Sustrich, AL!VE executive director
There will also be vegan, weight loss and quick, healthy meal ideas demonstrated in Relish by Chef Doreen Ackerson; an integrated medicine presentation by Dr. Seneca Storm and a healthy skin presentation by Dr. Kimberly Johnson and Angela Noble, esthetician and AL!VE spa coordinator.
Childcare is available for attendees at no charge. Participants who want to use the childcare for children who are potty-trained and older, must preregister by calling 517-541-5805.
Doors open at 12:45 p.m., booths open at 1 p.m. and the keynote address begins at 1:30 p.m. Final activities begin at 3:30 p.m. There will also be chair massages every 10 minutes. Bone density screenings and flu vaccines will be offereed for a fee.
Participants are encouraged to pre-register for A Women’s Health Experience. Registration for individual sessions is not required. For more information, call 517-541-5805 or visit www.hgbhealth.com/NewsEvents/AnnualEvents.